The process of PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) is the highly-skilled process of repairing minor dents, dings and creases from auto body panels. Provided the paint has not been cracked the factory paint finish will be undamaged.
How is it done?
Specialist PDR tools are used to push or massage the metal back into its original shape from behind the dent. Depending on the location of the dent, panels are accessed through window openings or by removing tail lights, inner trims, roof linings and guard liners. Difficult to access dents may be repaired with a specialised glue-pulling technique.
What can be repaired using PDR?
- Small to larger dents where the paint has not been broken, cracked or stretched
- Hail damage, shopping trolley dents, door dings, panel impressions and creases
- Aluminum and steel panels
- Motorcycle tanks
What damage might NOT be able to be repaired using PDR?
- Dents located at the edge of a panel
- Dents where the panel has previously been repaired